Friday, April 3, 2020

Random Thoughts During These Difficult Times

Warning: This is mushy. Those not in the mood, just move along!

Hey Everyone: Before I started typing this I had no real words in mind and nothing specific to report....just a feeling that I wanted to reach out to all of you and say I'm thinking about you...hoping that everyone knows and understands the critical importance of physical distancing and leaving your home for only completely necessary reasons. The latest advice is to wear a mask (makeshift if need be) covering your mouth and nose when you go into a public place...please do this for now.

I know if feels like the walls are closing in on us, and everything we see on social media and the tv is a minute by minute breakdown of where we are right now during this crisis. But I offer a simple reminder to all....be thankful for the people in our lives...those that give you the reason to get up in the morning and meet each day with the plan to do our best. There is no time better than now to make sure we all be the best versions of ourselves. Treat each other with kindness and respect. To not be afraid to make a positive difference in someone's life that you think may need your help in big ways or small ways.

Most importantly, everyone needs to understand that each one of us is doing our best to hold it all together. Some are doing better than others. For those that may seem on edge, grumpy or unnecessarily unkind...just take a long moment to be mindful of what they may be thinking and feeling...and provide an empathetic response.

To be honest, I have lost my head a couple times over the past couple days from the pressure of it all...and regret things I have said or the manner in which I said it. I admit my humanness. I will make sure I reach out to those people and offer an apology (and hope they can accept it).
Ugh...these are truly bizarre and troubling times. I just heard that a classmate of mine from NDHS lost his battle with the virus today...after receiving such a positive report about his progress yesterday. In a short time, each one of us will have known someone who passed away from this virus. And years from now...when we are done with this thing...it will not be far from the surface of our psyche. So I think a good plan is to be fully aware that the time is now to be strong and kind and thoughtful and positive....

I think I am using this post to get my head straight....I'm sorry if this seems out a place or untimely. Be safe and well everyone. And please know the men and women who work for our community are hanging tough and doing their best. 👊👊✌️

No comments: